What happened to the cursor?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri May 16 15:57:00 EDT 2003

Barry Levine wrote:

> I built a distribution and the cursor appears as a white box. I am not
> using any custom cursors. I've modified the stack in 2.0 and built the
> distribution there. I also tried building the distribution using the
> same stack but in 1.1.1. Same result. I don;t understand what's
> happened as I've never seen this behavior before with the same stack.
>
> Any suggestions would be approceiated.

Ken and I had a go-round with Scott Raney on the issue.  It seems most
GIF-generating tools do not reliably put the first three colors in the
"correct" order, but the MC engine does.  This means that images imported as
cursors may show the mask instead of the image, which sounds like what
you're seeing.

Scott's suggestion was to create cusrors using the engine, which isn't hard
but most of us already have libraries of existing cursor images so importing
them is more desirable.

I've found that if I just alter one pixel and set it back again using the
pencil tool, the engine resets the color table correctly for use on all
platforms.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation