2.0 answer dialog

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Fri May 16 03:43:02 EDT 2003

On Thu, 15 May 2003  Alex Rice <alrice at ARCplanning.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to suppress the text formatting of the prompt of the
> answer dialog? I'm using it for an error message and I don't want it it
> to flow the text all together just because there appears to be a single
> html tag within it somewhere.
>
> Alex Rice, Software Developer
> Architectural Research Consultants, Inc.
> alrice at ARCplanning.com
> alrice at swcp.com

Alex,

As far as I see, you would have to comment the following lines of the
answer dialog script

"put max(the formattedWidth of field 1 + foffset + 16, bwidth) into
twidth
  if twidth > 600 then
    put 600 into twidth
    set the dontWrap of field 1 to false
  end if"

and add a line that sets a fixed width for the prompt field.

But that would make the answer dialog unusable for normal use.

The best thing for you would be to write your own modal dialog for the
error messages.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke