book?

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Thu May 15 12:45:01 EDT 2003

>On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 11:43  PM, John Tenny wrote:
>
>>  Looking at the list, I see questions about a reference book.  Any
>>  answers?  Is there a book available? I've tried several times to get
>>  into Rev, but it's just too much hassle without some more convenient
>>  reference tool. If you know of something, please let me know
>>  jtenny at willamette.edu
>
>There are lots of xtalk books, but most are out of print. There are
>couple of new books in the works, authors lurking on this list, but I
>would recommend getting _Hypertalk 2.2 The Book_ by Winkler, Kamins and
>DeVoto. You can pick it up used on Amazon. Jeanne DeVoto you will
>recognize as being on the Runrev staff now.
>
>Hope this helps,
>
>Alex Rice, Software Developer
>Architectural Research Consultants, Inc.
>alrice at ARCplanning.com
>alrice at swcp.com

I concur completely with Alex's recommendation for HyperTalk 2.2 The
Book. Lots of wonderful examples. Master this and you too may some
day join the RunRev staff.

Of course there is also the book now available from RunRev--as I
understand it, it is  equivalent to the documentation to be found in
the help menu. You may buy it, for $99, at:

http://secure.runrev.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mvc+Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RROS&Category_Code=RM

Jim