2.0 Annoyance: Window resize

curry curry at pair.com
Wed May 14 18:10:01 EDT 2003

>check out the winodowBoundingRect property.

>  > I often make windows about 740 x 530. (That fits on my screen set to
>  > 800 x 600, because I have the tool palette on the far left and only
>  > text, not icons, in the menu toolbar.)
>  >
>  > The new betas and RC's, including 2.0r1, resize those windows to be
>  > smaller--712 x 500.

Thanks. That's the problem, all right. However, it's still a
problem--the windowBoundingRect starts out as the screenRect adjusted
for menubar or taskbar, so the behavior I'm seeing must be caused by
the Rev development environment resetting the windowBoundingRect,
because my window size doesn't intrude over the default setting.

Since it's a development environment behavior, it doesn't make sense
to have to script every stack to adjust it--because if opened outside
the development environment it is not an issue. (I verified this by
saving a stack and opening it with Command key down.)

So, since it's a development issue and behavior, I recommend a
setting in Rev's Preferences to set this property when the
environment loads. That way, the default setting that pertains to the
environment can be adjusted with regard to the environment only, and
we only have to script each stack when it's relevant to the stack
itself.

Thanks,

Curry