Identifying variables

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Wed May 14 12:29:01 EDT 2003

I have three variables - let's use A, B, and C - that contain whole
numbers anywhere from 0 to 5; it is probably that at least two of the
vars will contain identical numbers. I sort them descending using:

put A,B,C into theVars
sort items of theVars desending numeric

Now the three vars can be in any order. How do I know which var is now
first in the order? In the case of two vars containing the same number,
one of them will be first (and I don't care which so the sort order is
fine). I have no trouble determining the contents of the var but I need
to know the NAME of the var because other things have to happen after
this that depend of which var is the first.

TIA,
Barry