[OT] Quicktime in Windows apps

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue May 13 13:10:01 EDT 2003

Recently, "Graham Samuel"  wrote:

> I am still curious as to whether the whole QT experience could be
> substituted by a Windows Media experience (if that's what you call
> it) and what the difficulties and limitations might be peculiar to a
> Revo developer. But I will only go down that path if I really have to.

Depends on the control you require (basic video playback control can be done
with Windows Media Player) but also how strict you plan to be with regard to
the media technology.  The user needs *some* kind of media technology to
play video -- just because the user has a Windows system doesn't mean
they're guaranteed to have a media player.  If your users cannot use your
software without media technology, you'll have to specify your system
requirements: QT for both platforms, or QT for Mac and something like WMP
for Windows.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director