unable to connect to MySQL from OS8/9 standalone built w/ 2.0RC1-OSX

Eric Peden ericpeden at homemail.com
Mon May 12 17:01:06 EDT 2003

I'm unable to connect to a MySQL database using standalones built with
Revolution 2.0RC1 from OS X. The Windows and OS X builds work fine;
however, under 8 or 9, I get the following error:

  "revdberr;invalid database type"

The "MySQL Library PPC" shared library appears in the same folder as the
standalone. I've started to suspect that the problem is caused by the
engine that's being attached; I would download a new one, but the engine
directory on ftp.runrev.com doesn't appear to have MacOS engines
available.

Incidentally, this was also a problem in Beta 2. Standalones built in
1.1.1 work fine, but, obviously, this prevents me from using the features
in 2.0. Any ideas?

--
eric