Search engine application

James Lewes jameslewes at comcast.net
Sat May 10 11:33:26 EDT 2003

I need to develop an application that will do a number of things:

1) identify all files on a hard drive with specific text strings. So, for
example if I am looking for files that contain "ah there's the rub" it will
give me a list and location.

2) Subdivide the list of files by the program that was used to create the
original file and identify the programs used

3) enable the user to not only open the file from within the program in a
specific window, but also highlight the text string they are looking for.

4) Give him/her the option of opening the file in the original format

5) to print the document.