Here we go again on launch

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Sat May 10 11:33:05 EDT 2003

Roger,

Here's the code that I use to open a pdf file.  Of course, if your going to
use this on Windoz, you'll have to change the queryRegistry function to to
point to the correct application.  Hope it helps...

on doAcrobat openThisPDF
  if the platform = "MacOS" then
    replace "/" with ":" in openThisPDF
    delete char 1 of openThisPDF

    put "tell application" && quote & "Finder" & quote & cr & "open file" &&
quote & openThisPDF & quote & cr & "end tell" into appleScriptMessage

    do appleScriptMessage as appleScript
  else
    put the openProcesses into tProcesses
    repeat with i = 1 to the number of lines in tProcesses
      kill process line i of tProcesses
    end repeat

    get
queryRegistry("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AcroExch.Document\shell\open\command\")

    put it into AcrobatLocation
    replace "\" with "/" in AcrobatLocation

    set the itemDel to quote
    put item 2 of AcrobatLocation into AcrobatLocation
    put openThisPDF into openThisPDF

    launch openThisPDF with AcrobatLocation
  end if
end doAcrobat