Special Char Suggestions?

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed May 7 22:44:01 EDT 2003

> On Wednesday, May 7, 2003, at 11:07 AM, Rob Cozens wrote:
>
> > The goal is to script a Script Editor plugIn (or added menuItem) that
> > will pre/post process a control's script to convert SDB data
> > dictionary references in the form [recordType][specialKey][dataName]
> > to/from  "item [ordinal of field dataName in dictionary] of
> > recordType".

Hi Rob

I don't have any experience with your database so please ignore my comments
if they are irrelevant or ignorant. It seems that you have a great deal of
coupling between the application and the database. Perhaps you could
consider developing a more abstract API for the database rather than what
you are trying to do above?????

Regards

Monte