Grabbing another grc

Malte Brill malte.brill at t-online.de
Tue May 6 11:30:00 EDT 2003

>Seems kind of clumsy, and I know mouse polling is supposed to be bad
>news. (BTW, I have to send the mouseUp myself because otherwise
>neither grc gets a mouseUp indication).

Hi Graham,

something similar came up earlier on this list. (Constraining Movement)
(I´m just telling it because I don´t claim to be the inventor of the script.
:-) )

you might try this:

on opencard --or whereevever
  set the uAllowDrag of grc "circle" to false
end openCard

In the script of grc "circle"

on mouseDown
  set the uAllowDrag of me to true
end mouseDown
on mouseUp
  set the uAllowDrag of me to false
end mouseUp
on mouserelease
  mouseUp
end mouserelease
on mousemove x,y
  if not the uAllowDrag of me then exit mouseMove
  set the loc of grc "square" to the mouseLoc
end mousemove

Hope this helps,

Malte