setting the loc of a cloned window

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Fri May 2 03:16:01 EDT 2003

Hi Monte,

I have 2 stacks: Main & Sub
rect of Main: 100,109,709,200	loc: 404,154
rect of Sub:  99,222,430,430	loc: 264,326

With Main as the top stack, I type in the message box: clone stack "Sub"
loc of stack "Copy of Sub:	436,187

Close the clone, make Sub the top stacks and try again:
loc of stack "Copy of Sub:	296,358

In each case the loc is 32 down & right of the starting stack. They
seem to be right i.e matching what I see on the screen. It's just odd
that a clone doesn't copy the position of it's original, becomes
immediately visible even if the original is hidden and over-rules lock
screen. This is causing me problems now in 2 different projects.

I'm using Mac OS X 10.2.5 and Rev 2.0 B2

Cheers,
Sarah