QT movie address in player(2)

Ronald D. Zellner zellner at neo.tamu.edu
Mon Mar 31 16:29:01 EST 2003

>Message: 1
>Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:06:31 -0500
>Subject: Re: QT movie address in player
>From: Ken Norris <pixelbird at interisland.net>
>To: <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>**********
> > Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 23:39:47 -0600
> > From: Ronald Zellner <zellner at neo.tamu.edu>
> > Subject: QT movie address in player
> >
> > When I play a QT movie in  Revolution 1.1.1  by embedding it in a
> > player, the pathway is absolute and will be incorrect if I move the
> > files to another computer. This is especially problematic if it is
> > converted to a standalone file which is delivered on a CD since the
> > file can't be edited.
> > Is there a way to have a stack start up and immediately display the
> > movie that was originally embedded there.
> > Ron
>----------
>Hi Ron,
>
>NOTE: If your stack is already a standalone, you'll have to rebuild it to
>implement these. There are two basic ways:
>
>1) If you want to keep the movie in an offstack file (saves stack memory)
>like you already have it:
>
>  a) Put the stack file and the movie file in the same folder, which
>  normally becomes the defaultFolder at startup of the stack.

Another approach was to add this script to the card.  It seems to
take care of the problem. Does this make sense?

on opencard
   put the filename of this stack into P
--isolate & remove the file name from the path
   repeat with X = the number of characters in P down to 1
     if character X of P = "/" then
       put " " into character X of P
       exit repeat
     end if
   end repeat
   Delete the last word of P
--substitute the movie name and set the player filename
   set the filename of Player "Player1" to P & "/MainMovie.mov"
end opencard

Ron