[OT] Flash wants standalones

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Mar 27 14:44:01 EST 2003

Trevor,

Can you give us any idea what it will cost...and how much they will charge
for doing the ecommerce bit? Just curious. I've thought for some time it
would be easy to set up a server which works with PayPal to do all the
evaluation and purchase bit (I've already done this for ButtonGadget).
Something like that would enable all rev standalones to be purchased online.

Do you know if the new Flash Player will act like a regualar app? Can you
give it it's own filetypes and icons -- and double click a document type and
launch it with it's own application? Frankly, I'd be a bit surprised if it
can do all that.

Also, do you really think it feasible to develop full applications in Flash?
I've done a little with ActionScript and it seems like a lot of work for
doing something other than animations..just wondering.

Sorry to hear about the SSL need you have. I too hope MC or RR will address
after 2.0.

best,

Chipp