Streaming media

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Wed Mar 26 00:01:01 EST 2003

**********
> From: "Monte Goulding" <monte at sweattechnologies.com>m>
> Subject: RE: use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #1212 - 14 msgs
> Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:04:33 +1030
>
>To stream from rev you would
> need to implement the Real-Time Transport Protocol to create an RTP server.
> You would also need to set up some way for the client to find the server if
> you are talking about peer-to-peer streaming.
>
> Check out http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/rtp/ for more info on developing a
> server.
What would be REALLY cool would be to implement multimedia server stuff into
Rev. Then some bright Rev gurus could all get together and offer online
classes in Rev in realtime. I might actually be willing to pay for that,
especially if I could build a demo for doing the same thing to show clients
who want to conduct interactive multi-media classes across the net in
realtime.

That way, one could build a highly elastic UI to allow them to change things
at will. There'd be no end to what could be done with that!!

Ken N.