[OT] outlook

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Tue Mar 25 13:21:00 EST 2003

On Tuesday, March 25, 2003, at 07:43  AM, Ken Norris wrote:

> Ahh. I wonder why not, after all it's Outlook Express, probably the
> most
> popular emailer there is. Maybe they have extensible char sets
> somewhere.

It displays correctly on Apple's Mail.app. Oh wait, it was sent using
Mail.app as well. :-) Mail.app even displays Kanji and other weird
character sets. Kinda bizarre to get spam in foreign character sets.

I am highly skeptical of Outlook Express. I worked in technical support
for an ISP from 1996-99, when MS Outlook was just being introduced.
Because it came bundled with Internet Explorer, people felt they had to
use it, even though it was very buggy and non-standards compliant. At
that time there were about 5 different "versions" of Outlook all with
different names, features and bugs. I assume it's gotten better. But we
used to recommend Eudora or Pegasus Mail for Win32 mail clients.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com