Database query and extraction

ncouch ncouch at mail.airmail.net
Mon Mar 24 21:37:01 EST 2003

I am building a test app with which I want to do the following:

1) open a file (a csv file)
    - the records of this database are separated currently by two CR's.
2) search through the file to find a string
3) extract each records which contains that string writing it to another
file or field.
4) continue the search until eof.

The "open file" and "read from" file commands are straightforward enough.

I can find the data, but the extraction (ie everything between the CR"s  -
two in front of the record and the two after the record).  Right now I end
up extracting the whole database up to the point where it finds the string I
am looking for.  How can I extract just the entire record.

Anyone have any ideas of what I can use?

TIA

Nate