use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #1212 - 14 msgs

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Mar 24 12:15:00 EST 2003

Malte Brill wrote:

> Does anybody happen to know some URLs to different streams for testing
> purposes? I wanted to try some of the different radio streams available in
> Itunes, but that didn´t work (even though I think I didn´t get the correct
> URLs.)

I got this NP stream from the QT site:
<http://stream.qtv.apple.com/channels/npr/sprites/nprlivenew.mov>

Here's how:

1. Play a stream in Apple's QT Player
2. File->Export, using the option to export to a QT Media Link
3. Open the link file in any text editor -- it's a very simple XML file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?quicktime type="application/x-quicktime-media-link"?>
<embed
    autoplay="true"
    controller="false"
    src="http://stream.qtv.apple.com/channels/npr/sprites/nprlivenew.mov"