DLLs

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sun Mar 23 19:52:01 EST 2003

Dan,

My guess is you have a path problem. In RR from the msg do:

put the externals of this stack

to tell you what your stack currently 'thinks' is the path to the dll.

If there is any path info other than the name, then it probably won't work.
I always

set the externals of this stack to "fred.dll"

and keep a copy of the fred.dll in the same place as the RunRev application.
Then when building a standalone, copy the fred.dll to the same folder as
where the standalone runs from. Remember, you can't  execute a:

set the externals of this stack to "fred.dll"

on startup from a runtime. In order for DLL's to work, the external property
must be saved with the stack, then launched anew.

Hope this helps.

Chipp