Streaming media (a little OT)

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sun Mar 23 17:08:01 EST 2003

on 3/23/03 1:41 AM, Ken Norris at pixelbird at interisland.net wrote:

> **********
>> Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 16:17:50 -0800 (PST)
>> From: erik hansen <erikhans08 at yahoo.com>
>> Subject: Re: Streaming media [was:Scripted musical notation available ]
>>
>> so what does it take to stream your own QT videos
>> to RR users? if this means desktop broadcasting
>> from your own digital camera has arrived, then
>> this is an wondrous new world we live in.
> ----------
> Sure, but you must do it through a server capable of streaming video, and you
> need streaming software:
>
> <http://www.sorenson.com/>

P.S.

The technology seems to be getting close to streaming full length, full
screen movies and interactive theatrical quality performances online:

<http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0008/23.qtlive.shtml>

Note: If it's QT, will Rev have the possibilty of controlling how we deal
with the online sessions? Hmmm......

Ken N.