Browse file local HTML files on Jaguar

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Mar 22 19:36:00 EST 2003

Anyone have a solution to this: not a Rev problem really, but an Apple
one:

The chosen web browser app in the Internet prefs will not, by default,
be used
as the app to launch any local text file: e.g.
"file:///volumes/someMountedServervolume/folder/index.html"

Instead the Mac OS is now "forcing" a local text file to be launched in
TextEdit, regardless of
the internet browser preference selection, even though it is an *.html
file.

Anyone know a way to force the file to open in a browser. I suppose one
could  use a
Tell application "Omniweb"
  open some file
end tell

But I was wondering if someone knows how to config the OS to do this so
we can stick with revGoURL?
I can't find that old "helpapps" matrix we used to have in OS9... I
could just be missing something.

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery