Streaming media [was:Scripted musical notation available ]

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat Mar 22 02:41:01 EST 2003

**********
> Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 13:15:20 +0100
> Subject: Streaming media [was:Scripted musical notation available ]
> From: malte.brill at t-online.de (Malte Brill)

> The technical aspect of what you are trying to do wakes my interest, too.
> How do you want to deliver your media? As a download or streamed? I have
> been trying to display media (.mpg video) from the Web in a Stack.
> Has anyone succeded streaming video directly into rev, without the need of
> downloading the whole File? In my teststack the player refused playing the
> video/audio until the file was completely in cache.
Sounds like your connection is too slow. If playing a movie or audio file
can outrun the incoming stream, it will try to cache whatever it needs to
prevent it from stopping midstream, i.e., if your connection is slow
(dialup), that may mean 1/2 or more of the file must be buffered in cache
first (depending on size).

Try reducing the window size (rect) of the player and see what happens.

HTH,
Ken N.