Rev and mySQL

runrev at technetx.com runrev at technetx.com
Fri Mar 21 14:31:01 EST 2003

I use mysql Server for both web and internal processing along with
Revolution as the front end (client server environment) for our company
processes.  However, I use the ODBC connector vs. the Revolution MYSQL
because I do not have that version.

To my understanding, the Revolution license that allows direct connect to
MYSQL still requires the mysql server version.  To use embedded, I figure
the use of libmySQL.dll is required, and for the life of me, have not been
able to get Revolution 1.1.1 to connect to external windows dll's.

I have to revert to RapidQ or any other programming tool to do so.  If I
could get Revolution to connect to external dll's easily, Revolution would
by far be the best darn thing out there for my needs.  That feature would
satisfy absolutely everything I could ever ask for in a programming
environment.

Ron Tan

This probably didn't answer your question directly, but thought I'd put in
my 2 cents.