Fiddling in the Frustrating, Finnicky, Full Filepath Fog

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Thu Mar 20 19:58:01 EST 2003

For the life of me, I can't understand. Why does this work (albeit you have
to choose the image file):

on openStack
  set the defaultFolder to "/Macintosh
HD/Desktop/MyRev_Stacks/Keyboard_Images/"
  answer file empty with filter "JPEGs,*.jpg"
  put url ("binfile:" & it) into img 1 of grp 1
end openStack

...the image shows in the background group up as soon as you choose it.

...but this does not work:

on openStack
  set the defaultFolder to "/Macintosh
HD/Desktop/MyRev_Stacks/Keyboard_Images/"
  put URL "binfile:/KybdUp2.JPG/" into img 1 of grp 1
end openStack

...the watch shows for a split second, then reverts to the browse hand, but
nothing else happens. No image, nothing.

Designating the full filepath:

put URL "binfile:/Macintosh
HD/Desktop/MyRev_Stacks/Keyboard_Images/KybdUp2.JPG/" into img 1 of grp 1

...fails as well.

Why? This is baffling   :+/

Ken N.