Fiddling in the Frustrating, Finnicky, Full Filepat Fog

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Thu Mar 20 18:56:01 EST 2003

OK, so the button handler in my test stack works most of the time
(yesterday, the darned thing opened another stack folder which I'd been in
before, not the designated folder):

on mouseUp
  set the defaultFolder to "/Macintosh HD/Desktop/Doggies/"
  answer file empty with filter "JPEGs,*.jpg"
  put url ("binfile:" & it) into img 1 of grp 1
end mouseUp

,,,but then I decided to try the same sequence without the answer list in a
stack script in the stack I'm actually developing. It FAILS, i.e., does
nothing (no error, nothing) and the image I called never shows up (watch
linewraps):

on openStack
  set the defaultFolder to "/Macintosh
HD/Desktop/MyRev_Stacks/Keyboard_Images/"
  put URL ("binfile:/KybdUp2.JPG/") into img 1 of grp 1
end openStack

...I can't see wghat th edifferenc might be. I've tried a number of
combinations for th efilepath, but nothing works.

Foghorn anyone? Help please...

Ken N.