Flash/QTdebug/ActiveX

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Wed Mar 19 22:03:00 EST 2003

**********
----------snip
> I do a lot of multimedia for presentations/education. Flash is great at
> these, with anti-aliasing, a timeline, etc. So, for example, I can
> create a dozen or so animations as standalone modules.
----------snip
I'm very interested in this line of work. I want to go back to school and
get a degree. My two major thrusts will be: Long term healthcare training,
and Christian education. I've looked over Director and think it's great, but
custom scripting it looks like a nightmare compared to what I'm used to,
plus it's expensive.
----------
> The point is that if I could get the same functionality out of Rev, I'd
> be very happy. Happy to leave Macromedia's $800 upgrades behind. Happy
> to gain a new, intuitive development environment with commands that
> make my life easier
Makes plenty of sense to me, too. Rev looks like it has all the basic tools
to shape a multimedia environment for just what you suggest, All that's
needed is better QT and Flash control plugins. If I had the experience and
know-how I'd do it.

All the best,
Ken N.