Flash/QTdebug/ActiveX

Trevor DeVore trevor at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Mar 19 16:01:01 EST 2003

On Wednesday, March 19, 2003, at 03:09  PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> There's no denying it would be great to have full Flash available
> within
> Rev/MC, though in my work I often find that the nature of a job drives
> what
> used.  For example, projects that do a great deal of OS interaction
> usually
> don't require powerful vector animation (in fact, users will say this
> gets
> in the way of accomplishing their tasks).  Likewise, heavy animation
> projects are often end results in themselves, without demanding OS
> interaction.  Thus you might be find that in the overall scheme of
> things,
> the work needed to achieve your goal is less than what you imagined.

I wouldn't use Flash for doing complex character animation and the like
from within Rev.  I would use Flash and it's ability to create
beautiful, scalable animation from data that I can pass to it.  Using
dynamic Flash to enhance a interactive media based application opens up
new ways of presenting information to the end-user.

It is the same reason I would love to see Inter-movie communication
between QuickTime movies in Revolution (something people don't know
much about but which is very powerful).  It opens up avenues that
either were not available before or which are much easier using these
specialized technologies.

Like I said before though, I think being able to use Flash from within
QuickTime is acceptable for now.  I have the tools that allow me to use
Flash -> QuickTime -> Revoluation when the need arises.  I am not
saying that Revolution development should all be spent on SWF
integration, I think it would be a welcomed feature though.

Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com