Exporting vector graphics

John J. Theobald mailjjt at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 19 14:03:00 EST 2003

Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Jim Hurley wrote:
>

>>Before I dig into this, do you know of any Mac graphics applications
>>which accept SVG format? I have check FreeHand and Canvas and neither
>>of these do.
>>

> I also found this list of native SVG editors at the W3C site:
>
> <http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/SVG-Implementations.htm8#svgedit>
>
> It seems from that list that Illustrator 10 does export to SVG, so it seems
> reasonable that it imports it as well.
>
> Most of the other tools there seem to be relatively obscure UNIX packages.

I use Illustrator 10. It imports SVG as well as exports it.

I too have conversed with Scott about SVG support as a replacement for
DPS (which clearly has gone the way of the dinosaur).  Scott said it
is straightforward to plug in a library for the file format.  The
challenge is making the objects scriptable.  We all know Scott loves a
challenge. :-)

The ox may not finish his work today, but the earth is patient.

John J. Theobald