Rev and mySQL

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Tue Mar 18 15:26:13 EST 2003

On Tuesday, March 18, 2003, at 08:34  AM, Chris Sheffield wrote:
> Anyway, I'm not extremely familiar with mySQL or how
> it works.  I just read a little about the embedded
> features and it piqued my interest.  I'm not sure if
> this is even possible with Revolution.  If anyone has
> anything they could share, I'd be very grateful.

I'm pretty sure that the mysql support in Rev is client-side only and
doesn't support embedding the mysql engine.

You might want to look into Valentina instead- because it IS a
single-user embedded database.

Also, have you looked into using custom properties of a data stack?
It's not SQL but very flexible and quick, and doesn't rely on any extra
libraries or anything.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com