Replacing group images [OT]

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Tue Mar 18 15:13:45 EST 2003

**********
> Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 23:16:14 -0800 (PST)
> From: Jan Schenkel <janschenkel at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: Replacing group images [OT]

> Hi Ken,
>
> My my, a blue screen at startup... That will inspire
> confidence in your application. *grin*
> Are you sure you want people auto-moving towards the
> Ctrl-Alt-Del combination?
>
> Just teasing you, of course. However, just like one
> should avoid flashing red images (for the epileptic
> among computer users) programmers in general should
> avoid 'well-known signs of trouble'.
----------
No, no. You don't understand.

1) This is strictly a little 4 inch practice stack to experiment with
replacing background group images from image files. It's not a real program.
No one will see it but me.

2) The 'bluescreen' is just a background graphic-turned-image, there for the
purpose of telling where a layer is. If it still shows, then the image
definitely didn't replace it. If it's missing altogether with no imported
image, then something moved or deleted it. If the imported image shows, then
either it's over the bluescreen background group, or it replaced it (what I
want).

...stuff like that.

Besides, I'm a Mac user. I've never seen a bluescreen that indicates trouble
of any kind ;-) Also, it's a standard used in the film and video industry
(and used to be in early Amiga computer video) for SFX, as a backdrop to
shoot out images. You shoot scenes in the studio with the blue background,
then REPLACE the blue with other images which gives the impression the
foreground figures are acting somehere they never were.

Now, how about the actual problem? How do I replace background group images
from files? I've been working on this for days, with only partial successes
here and there.

Best regards,
Ken N.