Way to put PPPoE status in menubar?

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Tue Mar 18 09:48:01 EST 2003

I'm trying to figure out how to get Revolution to put the PPPoE status in the
menubar in Mac OS X.   (Basically mimicing what happens if the user were to
check the "show PPP status in menubar" checkbox in the networking pane).

After digging around in the web for a bit, I read that this will do the trick
in the terminal window:

/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/PPPoE.menu

However, when I go into the "Library" folder, I don't see this CoreServices
directory.   I'm assuming if I can get this working in terminal, then there's
a way to get AppleScript to make a call to the terminal from Revolution to
execute the command.   Anyone have an idea of what this syntax might look
like?