Replacing group images

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Tue Mar 18 02:01:05 EST 2003

***********
> Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 16:13:10 -0500
> From: "John J. Theobald" <mailjjt at bellsouth.net>
> Subject: Re: Replacing group images (was Standalone UI's, data stacks,
> image files)

> Hmmm ... if I am following this correctly, you probably have 2 images
> named "myimage", one from the "put" and one from the "create", although
> the "create" one probably has no content.
----------
That has merit. I'll check the images further to see if they are there. The
import brings it in, and putting it into the previous image changes causes
the previous image to be deleted (what I wanted); it starts up with a
'bluescreen' graphic-turned-image named "myImage". I guess I should do it
the way you did so I don't end up with 2 images and have to delete one. My
code isn't elegant (I'm into elegant scripts, but not I'm not there in Rev
yet), but it's simple and I can tell what happened in that part.
----------
> Try doing the "put" AFTER the "create" (actually after the stop editing
> group).  This should "put" the "it" image into the newly "create"d
> "myImage" in "myImageGroup"
I see where your going with this, but I think I already tried it.

One of the earlier things I did was assign the bluescreen image under the
name "myImage" to the background group "myImageGroup", but it couldn't find
"myImage" when I tried to write the new image into it.

I guess I just have to keep playing with it until it works.

Thanks,
Ken N.