If this is a feature, it's a nasty one.

Victor Eijkhout eijkhout at cs.utk.edu
Mon Mar 17 18:50:01 EST 2003

>A function named "t" with a parameter named "a" makes their use
>self-evident?

Well no, that was just a toy example.

>Using any keyword in an invalid form will cause an error.

So I'm finding out.

But it's weird: according to the man page the "something" of
something can only be given as a keyword, it's not an expression that
is evaluated to give that keyword (wouldn't it be cool if that was
the case?), so why is expansion/substitution being applied to it?
(I'm spoiled: I'm used to TeX where expansion mechanisms are
abstruse, but extremely logical.)

--
Victor Eijkhout <eijkhout at cs.utk.edu>
tel: 865 974 9308 (W), 865 673 6998 (H), 865 974 8296 (F)