Unwanted tool switch

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Sun Mar 16 19:02:01 EST 2003

>At 11:02 AM -0800 3/16/03, Ken Norris wrote:
>>>  send "choose browse tool" to me in 20 milliseconds
>>----------
>>OK, thanks. Yes it works, but I need to understand it.
>>
>>Why must I use this command, and why 20 milliseconds as opposed to 5
>>millisecionds or 40 mmilliseconds?
>
>20 milliseconds is arbitrary. (Too-short times don't seem to work on slower
>machines.)
>
>As for why you need to delay the command instead of just writing "choose
>browse tool", this is a workaround to a "nuance" of Rev. I'm not sure
>exactly what causes the simple choose command to fail under these
>circumstances.

Ken,

The only time I have had this problem and had to resort to "send ....
in 10 millisecond" was after a "create" command (create field,or
button or graphic or whatever) or in effect creating an image by
importing an image file.

Otherwise a simple "choose the browse tool" works. This will surely
go  away  in 2.0
'
Jim