[SC] Re: Supercard vs. Rev

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Mar 15 23:12:01 EST 2003

> As of right now, there is no shipping version of Revolution that is
> fully compatible with Jaguar. That's the OS that I use on all of my
> systems, and the OS used by all of my clients, and their users. The
> betas do exist, but they are still betas. And no, expecting Mac users
> using Jaguar to set Revolution's UI to use OS9's appearance, is NOT
> acceptable.
>
> Once Rev 2.0 actually ships, then this will be a valid
> discussion. Hey,
> if it sounds like I'm being unfair, keep in mind that until SC4
> actually shipped, the Rev users were saying the same things about the
> SuperCard betas. I'll be glad to compare shipping products to
> shipping
> products, on the current MacOS. It's just that doing so puts Rev in a
> very unfair place.

True. Keep in mind that the "shipping version" of Revolution is 1.1.1,
which is a year old, and based on the 2.4.1 MetaCard engine. There have
been a couple of significant upgrades to MetaCard since then (2.4.2 and
2.4.3), along with the 2.5 betas. Rev 2.0 will be based on the latest MC
engine (2.5) which brings the solid Jaguar support that MC users have
been enjoying since it came out with 2.4.3 and it's Mach-O format.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/