Grep help - remove HTML tags

Keith Whitney keith at hauck.com
Fri Mar 14 09:50:00 EST 2003

>> I'm trying to parse an rss feed and put the title into a list box row.
>>
>> This is working fine:
>> put URL "http://my.server.com/myRSSfeed.rdf" into myVar
>>
>> ...and so is this:
>> set the text of field "myField" to myVar
>>
>> But, when I add this line, the field "myField" is blank:
>> filter field "myField" with "<title>(.*)</title>"
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
>   set the htmltext of fld "MyField" to tMyVar
>   get the text of fld "MyField"
>

> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation
>  Developer of WebMerge 2.2: Publish any database on any site
>  Ambassador at FourthWorld.com       http://www.FourthWorld.com
>  Tel: 323-225-3717                       AIM: FourthWorldInc

Thanks for the reply! What I neglected to explain clearly was rather
than simply stripping the HTML tags and displaying in a field, I want
to separate the tagged text into different variables for placement into
different elements (titles in a list field, content in a different
field, etc.)

--
Keith Whitney
MIS Director