Pricing.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Thu Mar 13 13:58:03 EST 2003

At 6:34 AM -0800 3/13/03, Victor Eijkhout wrote:
>At 9:31 +0000 2003/03/13, Heather Williams wrote:
>>Normally, university lecturers must purchase the full
>>Educational Edition, at $497.50.
>
>How do you justify charging more to a university lecturer than to a
>small business? Is there any reason for me as a university lecturer
>not to pick up the business license?

The education license is actually a half-price Pro license, and includes
the Pro-only features like full database access (other than ODBC) and tech
support that you don't get with a small business license. So if you want to
use those features, the edu license is a better deal.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought
http://www.runrev.com/