Pricing

Heather Williams heather at runrev.com
Thu Mar 13 12:44:02 EST 2003

> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 09:34:23 -0500
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
> From: Victor Eijkhout <eijkhout at cs.utk.edu>
> Subject: Re: Pricing.
>
> At 9:31 +0000 2003/03/13, Heather Williams wrote:
>> Normally, university lecturers must purchase the full
>> Educational Edition, at $497.50.
>
> How do you justify charging more to a university lecturer than to a
> small business? Is there any reason for me as a university lecturer
> not to pick up the business license?

It's not a straight like for like comparison. The Edu license gives full
database connectivity and a year's email technical support. You can buy a
Small Business license, but you can't buy it through the university, it has
to be a private purchase.

I think any further discussion of licensing should come direct to me, or you
can always check out the licensing faq's on our website,

Regards,

Heather

--
Heather Williams <heather at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>