How change the rect of an image on an other card ?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 12:38:02 EST 2003

--- Ludovic Thebault <ludovic.thebault at laposte.net>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've made a little stack to make a basic slideshow.
> I use this script to "magnify" little pictures, but
> it doesn't works:
>
> show image 1 of next cd
> set the filename of image 1 of next cd to line
> (random(the number of
> lines of the files)) of the files
> get the rect of image 1 of next cd
> repeat with n=1 to 4
>   put (item n of it*0.5)+item n of it into item n of
> it
> end repeat
> set the rect of image 1 of next cd to it
> set the loc of image 1 of next cd to the screenloc
> visual effect dissolve
> go next cd
>
> But if i replace 'image 1 of next cd' by 'image 1 of
> this cd' the script
> works. Same problem with Rev 1.1.1r2 and Rev 2.0p4
>
> any idea ? Thanks

Bonjour Ludovic,

The problem is that you can't just refer to the next
card, other than in the construct 'go next card'.
You'll have to refer to the next card by its name, ID,
or number. And work from there.
In this case, you could also lock the screen, go to
the next card, do all the dirty stuff, and then unlock
with visual yadda yadda.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====