start using [stack name]

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Wed Mar 12 05:40:01 EST 2003

Others have answered the start using question, but no one's mentioned
this yet: if your sounds are at all large, you should consider storing
them separately, not in any stack at all.

HyperCard and Rev behave differently in this respect: when Revolution
opens a stack it loads the whole thing into memory. This doesn't lend
itself to using stacks as storage.

The positive, in case you're curious, is improved performance.

On Tuesday, March 11, 2003, at 06:28 AM, Simtech Publications wrote:

> I'm trying to find a Rev equivalent to HyperCard's "start using [stack
> name]" statement so I can store all the sounds for my current project
> in a
> single stack.

regards,

Geoff Canyon