List View GUI

Brad Allen BradAllen at mac.com
Sat Mar 8 16:49:01 EST 2003

Is there a preexisting way in Rev to build a list view GUI, with
repeating control widgets within a scrollable body? I'm planning on
converting some FileMaker databases to mySQL with Rev 1.1.1 as the
client front end, and I haven't throught of a graceful way to
implement the list views that FileMaker users take for granted.

Here are the only ideas I've come up with so far:

* a simple text list in a scrolling field with hyperlinked text
instead of buttons -- this works but looks primitive.
* a group of controls that repeat vertically down the window, with
text values populating the fields as the user "scrolls".  This also
looks rather primitive, but to create an effect in which the controls
within the list sections actually scrolled visually up and down the
screen would be a fairly time-consuming programming project.

Rev 2.0 will reputedly have a spreadsheet-like text fields and/or
tables, but this doesn't sound like it will include the ability to
embed GUI controls (such as buttons) within a scrolling table. Am I
wrong about this?

Any ideas on this will be appreciated...thanks.