Inverse-colored custom cursor shows up...

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Mar 8 11:19:01 EST 2003

Valetia,

The best way (albeit a bit awkward) is to use Rev's own image editing
tools on a 16x16 image. The reason is that cursors need to be 3 colors
(black, white and the transparent color) and this is a real problem for
most editing programs (they like to do B/W or 4 color, but 3 color with
transparency is difficult). I've been able to create cursors outside of
Rev, but they show up properly in OS 9, Windows and OS 10.1.5, but show
up inverted in 10.2 or later. I'm in discussions with Scott Raney to see
if there's some way to get a recipe for doing this outside of the MC/Rev
environment, but so far the best suggestion is to do it in Rev. Don't
forget that if you Command-click (control-click in Windows) with the
pencil tool, you get a magnify window that you can do pixel editing in.

When I have a definitive answer, I'll post it to my site as a Tip and
let the list know.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com