Not using QT for Video playback on OsX

Malte Brill malte.brill at t-online.de
Fri Mar 7 13:30:01 EST 2003

Klaus wrote:

>i think you have bad luck...

>As far as i know, QuickTime is the only multimedia-layer on OS X.
>It is a part of the "deeper" core of OS X.

Well there is something called VLC (Video Lan Client)

http://developers.videolan.org/vlc/

>Means: QuickTime or die ;-)

Don´t say so, I´m just getting happy again living...
:-)
>This is from the doxs:

>VideoClipPlayer:
>This property can be used on UNIX systems to specify an alternate
>name for the xanim player used to play movies with the "play" command.

Well, I read this before, but thought maybe this is outdated... :-(
There seems to be happening so much on the OsX front.

>Since there is no Xanim player of OS X i think you cannot cahnge that...

Are you sure? I guess someone has ported it allready.

>Anyway, have a nice weekend :-)

Just keeping on coding. :-)
>Regards

>Klaus Major