Sort, Find, RawKeyDown ... / diacritical problems.

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 00:12:01 EST 2003

--- "Yves COPPE" <yvescoppe at skynet.be> wrote:
> your sort doesn't work for me with the list of
> Pierre :o(
> I run on Jaguar X.2.4 and Rev 1.1.1 French sytem
> (system preferences : international : french)
> sorry....
> --
> Greetings.
>
> Yves COPPE

Rats, there goes my theory. Oh well, it was worth a
shot. FYI, the results of a regular sort international
on my WinME Dutch :

Œuf,Elephant,Eléphant,Élephant,Éléphant,èléphant,oeuf,Oeuf,œuf,Tigre,zèbre,Zèbre

And that was after I shuffled the data around a bit,
to make sure it wasn't merely returning what you had
stuffed into it.

So it seems it's off on the capital Πbut otherwise at
least mostly okay. I'd say this is an area in the
MetaCard engine that could use some loving and caring
attention from Scott.

In the meantime, we'll need some trickery to convert
to a non-diacritical copy, do our sort/find/... on
that copy, and interpret the results and apply them on
the diacritical originals.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

=====