Sort, Find, RawKeyDown ... / diacritical problems.

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 15:21:01 EST 2003

Bonsoir Pierre,

Yves Coppe reported similar results. I mailed him
earlier with an idea, but he hasn't replied yet, so
maybe you could run the test for me?
If you're not using a Mac, then disregard the
following question. Would you try, with the same
input:

function MyInternationalSort pTextToSort
  put MacToISO(pTextToSort) into tTextToSort
  sort lines of tTextToSort international
  return ISOToMac(tTextToSort)
end MyInternationalSort

And tell me the result? Sort international works just
fine on my WinME AND Win2K machines, so I was
wondering if it was Mac-only and might be fixed with
the above conversion.

Thanks in advance,

Jan Schenkel.

--- Pierre <pierre.bernaert at www.runrev.com> wrote:
> Bonsoir Jan
>
> There is a problem on the the Transcript Dictionary
> which doesn't
> mention "International" as a valid Sort Type.
>
> In fact International does something different which
> is Surprising
> Here is the result with "International":

,Tigre,œuf,Œuf,èléphant,Éléphant,Élephant,Eléphant,zèbre,Zèbre,Elephant
> and the result without "International"

,Elephant,Eléphant,Tigre,zèbre,Zèbre,Élephant,Éléphant,èléphant,Œuf,œuf

http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2002-September/

http://www.google.com/advanced_search?q=site:lists.runrev.com