Finding and sorting by diacriticals

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Wed Mar 5 09:50:01 EST 2003

on 3/5/03 11:18 AM, Cubist at aol.com wrote

> I wrote a HyperTalk handler to perform an offset function that's sensitive
> to both diacriticals and capitalization:

Out of interest, can you explain in what ways the 'caseSensitive' property
falls short in this regard?

I've had some problems with that property myself, but (without having tried
it) I would have expected that it would do what was required here.  If we
can establish what it's not doing, perhaps we can press for some changes or
an additional function.  I think this is a very common need.

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866