print screens example handler (Rev 1.1.1)

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Tue Mar 4 17:59:01 EST 2003

On Tuesday, March 4, 2003, at 03:31  PM, Sarah wrote:

> This is interesting stuff Alex, but do you need to delete the
> "PrintScreens" stack after each print.

Maybe not, but it just seems safest- since this is a one-shot deal and
all.

> If not, what happens when you try to save the next newly created
> "PrintScreens" stack. If it just over-writes without a dialog, that
> would be OK in this instance, but you don't want your users getting
> ambushed by a warning they know nothing about.

Good point. So far, no warning messages when saving the "PrintScreens"
stack over and over.

> One other wrinkle: as far as I know, formatForPrinting has no effect
> on Macs, so you could leave out quite a chunk of your script if you
> checked for this first.

Another good point. I'm not going to bother with it though since my
deliverable is windows-only.

Cheers,

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com