Scripted musical notation available

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Mar 1 18:37:04 EST 2003

On 3/1/03 11:24 AM, Björnke von Gierke wrote:
> Or you could use the much older crossplatform version from udi:
> http://homepage.mac.com/udi/stack/stack.html
>
> And you can also wait for  vers. 2.0 which will also feature such a
> midi-player stack...

I didn't see anything similar on Udi's site, but unless I misunderstand,
I think both the solutions you mention will only play back files that
have been created in MIDI format. Shakobox is different -- it allows
scripted, on-the-fly, HyperCard-style notation, which isn't the same as
MIDI. This type of notation seems to be one of the rare things that
HyperCard people want but which isn't supported in either MetaCard or
Revolution. Shakobox tries to fill that gap.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com