: More send in time

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jun 30 23:42:00 EDT 2003

On 6/30/03 10:22 PM, Dar Scott wrote:

> So maybe the mouseLoc is discouraged, or maybe it has just been running
> with the wrong crowd.

A brief history: Long ago and once upon a time, Scott Raney used to
admonish us not to tie up the CPU with unnecessary mouse polling. It
came up often enough that I wrote it up and posted it at my web site.
Now he just points people there instead. ;)

<http://www.hyperactivesw.com/polling.html>

>> So what is so bad about using it then, except for using it in a loop?
>>
>> I guess it's the loop that causes the tieup using it, which can be
>> done away
>> with by the 'send in time' routines. Is this true?
>

> The send-in-time allows other things to be going on at the same time.

Right, that's pretty much the crux of it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com