newbies

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 23:23:00 EDT 2003

--- erik hansen <erikhans08 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Igor Couto <igor at pixelmedia.com.au> wrote:
> > Dear Dar,

> > approach the problem?
> > >
> > > Instead of a pulldown button, execute a popup
> > in a field.
> > >

> > DOH! Just how dumb do I feel now?,,, - however,
> > I must admit, HAPPILY
> > SO! This is the kind of obvious solution that
> > we, newbies, fail to  see...
>
> Igor,
> if it makes you feel any better,
> i have no idea what a "popup in a field" is!
>
> after seeing the news about conventions,
> reviews, word of mouth, etc. it seems that
> a newbie friendly atmosphere, like this list,
> is a crucial force for sales growth,
> which allows more for you advanced users.
>
> Erik

Hi Erik,

A "popup in a field" means that the mouseDown handler
in the field script calls the 'popup' command.
Igor had a vertical text alignment problem between a
field and a pulldown menu. Dar suggested he replaced
the pulldown with another field, and use the 'popup'
command instead.

Hope this cleared it up,

Jan Schenkel.

=====